Duration: 03 hours (At any time during the day) or on the way to the airport (or Viceversa).
Is one of the archaeological sites on the Andes an Inca burial site, amazing complex made up by huge cylindrical towers where the Kollas used to bury their mummies. It is said the Incas conquered them in the XV century and continued building theses graves improving the technique. Nowadays is still possible to see well preserved tombs including some carving icons. This program also offers a magnificent scenery as the complex was built near a gorgeous lake “Umayo”. Our trip also includes, visit to some local families who lives around the area.
- You will be picked up from the hotel in Puno and transferred to the western part of Puno. The trip to Sillustani takes about 50 minutes and offers along the way interesting views of the Andes.
- Arriving to the archaeological site, we walk by important sectors of the burial site and the tour guide will give us a good insight into the Andean culture.
- Our tour in Sillustani ends up with wonderful panoramic view of the Lake Umayo. Afterwards we have a chance to visit a local family that lives along the road. You will also have a chance to see alpacas, Llamas and guinea pigs.
- Finally we take our transportation back to Puno.
- Pick up from your hotel in Puno.
- Private Transportation
- English / Spanish speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Drop off at your hotel in Puno at the end of the tour.
- Extras or gratuities
You need to bring: Warm cloths, gloves, wooly hats, bottle of water and sun block to avoid sun burning.
We recommned this tour to people, doing regular walk.