Exotic Manu 6 Days – 5 Nights
Day 01: Cusco – Pilcopata We leave the city of Cusco.-
very early by bus in the direction of the village of Acjanaco , on the journey we will pass through Andean mountains, beautiful landscapes, rural communities such Paucartambo and Ninamarca, there you can admire still intact the ancestral tombs known as chullpas which belong to the pre-inca culture “lupacas”.
Following with the journey will pass by the village called Acjanaco, entrance to the NATIONAL PARK MANU, where we will descend to the leafy cloudy forest, which lodges a big variety of flora and wild fauna. From here we walk within the cloud forest in order to assess the national bird of Peru, the colorful Cock of the Rock (also see among the trees toucans, trogons, quetzales, monkeys and, with luck the spectacled bear of South America), after take delight in the beauty of the forest we will continue our trek to reach the valley of Pilcopata where we will spend the first night.
Day 02: Pilcopata – Tambo Blanquillo.-
Early in the morning we will begin our adventure by walking through the amazon forest, we will have the opportunity to visit local agricultural plantations as coca, pineapple, cassava, and other niche products. While we walk towards the tourist port “Atalaya” we will observe a big variety local exotic birds, and later embark in a engine boat to begin our passage across the river Madre de Dios for 4 hours up to coming to ” El Albergue Blanco”. At nightfall we will take a short walk accompanied by our flashlights in search of owls, frogs and some insects such as tarantulas and other nocturnal animals.
Day 03: Tambo Blanquillo – Colpa de loros.-
Very early in the morning at the first light of the day, we will go to the colpa (a wall of clay with a high content of mineral salts) of parrots, Here we will place in a suitable platform to await the hundreds parrots and noisy parakeets arrival that comes in order to eat clay and complete their final diet. After this fantastic show, we will continue to explore the lush primary forest in search of some wild pigs and monkeys. Afterwards, in the evening we can explore the forest and the lake with our flashlights looking for some alligators.
Day 04: Tambo Blanquillo – Boca Manu.-
This day we will have a tour of the amazon jungle to contemplate some animals in their daily routines, we will visit some lakes and we’re going to the highest area of this place to see the thickness of the jungle from a wider point. In the afternoon we will go to our hostel in Boca Manu where stay overnight.
Day 05: Boca Manu – Atalaya.-
After a great breakfast we continue our trip by the Madre de Dios river in our comfortable boat, trying to fish and enjoy the warm waters. Having have lunch we arrived at the port of Atalaya, where we will spend the last night.
Day 06: Atalaya – Cusco.-
Very early in the morning we will return to the city of Cusco
- Professional Guide (English and Spanish).
- Bus transport and private boat with safety equipment.
- Entrance fee the hideaway for the cock of the rock.
- Entrance fee the hideaway colpa of parrots.
- Entrance fee the white lake.
- Shelters and tents camp with complete equipment for overnight.
- First aid kit.
- Complete food included (breakfast, lunch and dinner with option vegetarian).
- Long boots rubber and involvement
- Books of flora and fauna of the amazon and the listing of plants and animals.
- Drinks and extra expenses.
- Income to spring baths S/ 5.00 .
WHAT TO BRING:
- Personal documents (passport).
- Light clothes shirts of cotton long sleeve
- Sleeping bag. • Flashlight.
- Insect repellent.
- Toilet paper.
- Bottle and tablets to purify water.
- Waterproof clothing.
- Long pants.
- Short pants.
- Rain clothing.
- Slippers or sandals to relax the feet in the camp.
- A cap or hat.
- Personal medications
- Good binoculars
- Portable knife.
- Personal equipment
- Certificate of vaccination against yellow fever (essential)
- Extra cash.
- Put your clothes in plastic bags